Ingredients for Lentil Salad
- 2-3 cups lentils cooked and cooled
- 4-5 celery sticks chopped
- 1/2 black olives sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup peppers of your choice
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts cut up
- some red onion
Ingredients for Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice from one lemon
- 1/4 apple cider vinegar
- 5-6 garlic cloves chopped
- basil, fresh or dried
- cilantro, fresh or dried
Directions for Lentil Salad
- Cook lentils. Once lentils are cooked, place aside to cool. Prepare vegetables to be added to lentils accordingly. If you have other favorites or prefer other vegetables, by all means, change out the recipe. Add vegetables into bowl of lentils.
Directions for Vinaigrette
- chop garlic cloves into small pieces. Place in a bowl big enough to be able to add other ingredients. Add oil, vinegar and lemon juice, along with herbs. Mix well.
- Pour vinaigrette over lentil and vegetables. Mix well being careful not mushing up the lentils. Add salt and pepper. You may need to add more oil or vinegar if you prefer. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 one hour before serving.
The word Lentils is found in the KJV Bible translation as
From an unused root of uncertain meaning; a lentil: - lentile.
Genesis 25:34, 2 Samuel 17:28, 2 Samuel 23:11, Ezekiel 4:9
Blessings ~ Carmen
This recipe was shared with
The Nourishing Gourmet
Simply Sugar & Gluten Free