- 7-8 eggs
- 1 cup of milk/replacement (we use homemade almond milk)
- 2-3 handfuls of spinach
- 6 or more garlic cloves minced
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes diced
- About 1 cup grated cheese (swiss/mozzarella) we opted to place sheep cheese on after
- Olive oil or butter
- Sea salt & fresh pepper to taste
- Fresh cut herbs
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper
- 9 X 13 glass oven-safe dish
- Sauté minced garlic, chopped red onion and pepper in olive oil or butter. In the mean time, you can steam the spinach for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, milk, fresh cut herbs along with salt & pepper as well as cayenne pepper.
- Grease the glass oven-safe dish.
- Place the sautéed vegetable mixture in bottom of glass baking dish by spreading them around.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Drop diced tomatoes by evenly spacing them in dish.
- Bake quiche for about 25-35 minutes depending on the heat of your oven.
- Serve cold or hot.
|Quiche topped with crumbled sheep cheese & homemade salsa||on a bed of spinach salad.|
Have fun with this quiche and choose veggies you need to use up or whatever veggies your family enjoys. This quiche can also easily be made using an unbaked pie pastry.
If you've prepared something similar, I'd love to hear how your family loves the quiche prepared.
This recipe was also shared on:
Tuesday Twister at GNOWFLINS
Two for Tuesday at GirlChief
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Pennywise Platter at The Nourishing Gourmet