Welcome back! To continue receiving encouraging posts, be sure to subscribe by Email! It's very easy to do, so what are you waiting for?

Vitamix

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

8

Red Potato Salad with Lemon Dressing

This past weekend, I was craving a veggie salad which would be cool and refreshing and decided to make a potato salad with a different taste. Adding lemon juice to my homemade salad dressing gave this salad a much lighter taste and allowed the flavor of the red potatoes to come through. This is what I came up with.


Potato Salad

About 9 medium size red unpeeled potatoes, washed and diced
3 celery stalks, keep the leaves if you have them
½ cup black olives, halved
1 green pepper, diced
¼ - ½ cup grated red cabbage, optional
¼ cup red onion chopped
Fresh basil, oregano, parsley


Lemon Dressing
½ cup olive oil
Juice from 1 medium sized lemon (about ¼ cup)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3 garlic cloves
1 TBSP grated parmesan cheese

Yields: about ¾ cup dressing



Once unpeeled potatoes are washed and diced, steam them for about 15-20 minutes, make sure the potatoes are not too soft. Place them in a bowl to cool. Prepare other vegetables which need to be cut. Add them to the potatoes, toss and set aside to cool some more and prepare the Lemon Dressing.

This dressing can be made in a food processor or with a Braun blender. I chose to use the Braun blender as it was easier to clean. It chopped the garlic well. Process all ingredients in food processor or blend them with a hand Braun type blender.   Add Lemon Dressing to potatoes and vegetables. Toss, add salt and pepper to taste. This can be served immediately or set in fridge to cool for at least 1 hour.

Potato Salad Serves 4-6 people




We love plain lemon on salad as well. Do you have any lemon dressing ideas you'd like to share?  I would love to try new lemon dressing recipes.  Any of you have lemons growing in your back yard?


We love salads and ate this Potato Salad  with a green vegetable salad.  Bon Appetit!

This recipe was shared on

Tuesday Twister at GNOWFLINS
Two for Tuesdays at  Girlchief
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Pennywise Platter at The Nourishing Gourmet

8 comments:

  1. I love this kind of potato salad. Much nicer with a light dressing I think. I have a Vegetarian Foodie Fridays over at my blog Breastfeeding Moms Unite! if you ever have another vegetarian recipe you feel like sharing. Would love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are speaking my language. I am such a potato lover. I just planted a bunch of waxy potatoes, and hope to have loads with which to make this type of salad in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! We are doing all vegetarian until the end of June, so I am definitely going to make this tomorrow for dinner. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH I had lemons growing in my backyard! If only (Indiana)...sigh. I love your tater salad, though! It's such a versatile thing to make and I'm loving the lemon in yours...don't think I've tried lemon in potato salad before. Bet I will soon, though! Thanks so much for bringing it to Two for Tuesdays this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carmen, One of my favorite summer past times is to try out new potato salad recipes to bring to the many potlucks and picnics we go to! This one looks tremendous! I am with heather on this, as I have never thought to combine potato and lemon and I also wish I had a lemon tree! Thanks so much for sharing the real food love at the Two for Tuesday recipe blog hop! :) Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know some people might think potatoes are boring, but I LOVE them. We eat some sort of potato dish at least once a week. This potato salad sounds so summery and fresh - I can't wait to try it! I think I will have to make it for lunch this week. Thanks so much for adding this great recipe to our Two for Tuesday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies for your comments. Don't be afraid to add more lemon juice if you want more "zing"! At one time, I followed recipes exactly. I love trying out my new inventions. My husband never knows what is next for supper. And now our daughter is following lead. After talking with my mother not too long ago, I found out that I was walking in her footsteps too. ~Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really good, I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your encouraging and thoughtful comments! Want to receive regular emails? Subscribe through RSS Feed or join other 'Followers of Yeshua our Messiah'.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails