Welcome back! To continue receiving encouraging posts, be sure to subscribe by Email! It's very easy to do, so what are you waiting for?

Vitamix

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

9

Homemade Deodorant

the beautiful beeswax brick!
Recently, after a drive to the country, we brought home a golden brick.....it smelled delicious. Ok, it was a beeswax brick. And it was sitting on my desk for a while, when I thought of making some homemade deodorant with it. I looked up some recipes online, cleaned out an old store-bought deodorant stick case, and voilĂ !

it's nice to have an old stick case on hand
Ingredients
3 tbsp of beeswax
2 tbsp of coconut oil
approx 15 drops of lavender essential oil
approx 1/2 tsp corn starch (absorbs moisture; used in powdered form deodorants)
approx 1/2 tsp baking soda (helps with stink; used in powdered form deodorants)
approx 1/2 tsp powdered rosemary (from our plant)
approx 1/2 to 1 tsp of aloe vera juice (from our plant)

Directions
Melt the beeswax in double boiler. Add Coconut Oil. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients. Pour into a mold or container (you do not have to grease it) and leave for the mixture to cool down and harden, to gain shape!


my ingredients (and the coffee grinder for the rosemary)


I'm not sure how much of the rosemary, baking soda, corn starch, and aloe vera juice, floated to the top or bottom before the wax mixture finished hardening, but oh well. :)





I would suggest perhaps using a bit more coconut oil so it rubs off better. Also, you probably want to put 50 drops or more of essential oil to make it more effective.

Here is the link for more homemade deodorant recipes along with the one which inspired me.

Note from mama:  This post was written by our young adolescent daughter.  She has been blessed with great insight from our Heavenly Father on how to make things that would be more beneficial for our bodies.

Have fun trying! ~ Leah

Do you make your own deodorant? If so what do you use? Please share. 

This recipe was shared with
Raising Homemakers
Simple Lives

9 comments:

  1. I recently made my own deoderant from a recipe I found online...arrowroot powder, baking soda, and coconut oil. It works really well since the coconut oil spreads well when it touches your skin. Your recipe looks neat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where did the cocoa butter come in at? I don't see it in the list. Interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jaime Lynne...
    Oh, that is neat, thanks for sharing!

    @ JLUV...
    Oops, we forgot to take that out of the directions. Thanks for catching that. Cocoa butter is in the recipe that inspired me, but we didn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I tried one recently that had coconut oil, baking soda, corn starch, and a bit of essential oil. It worked pretty well.

    Blessings in Yeshua HaMashiach!
    Joycelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. the recipe i use is just coconut oil, baking soda, and corn starch. it works better than anything else i've tried that isn't anti-perspirant. i just don't smell any more. at all. ever. that's a big deal for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I found your blog via the Raising Homemakers link up. I loved reading about your homemade deodorant experience! I just started a 30 day baking soda & cornstarch challenge myself... being new to homemade and natural recipes, I wanted to start with the most basic recipe and make changes based on my success/failure from there. Never thought of using beeswax though!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to do coconut oil, baking soda, and cornstarch, but I reacted to it. Now, I just use straight up coconut oil. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the recipe!
    Shalom,
    Moria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just what I was going to look into next! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your encouraging and thoughtful comments! Want to receive regular emails? Subscribe through RSS Feed or join other 'Followers of Yeshua our Messiah'.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails