As a homeschooling family we have not always been accepted by others as we have striven to follow our convictions on what we believed was best for our children. Going against the grain in society, we can sometimes feel the road can be lonely. And when we have experienced those times, we have always found peace in the arms of our Comforter. Homeschooling has brought us abundant blessings, and here are just a few which I would like to share:
- Being able to spend more time with my children during the day, just to hold them and hug each other as often as we want.
- To share the Word in the scriptures and to be part of building their faith foundation in our Messiah as we learn to serve Him.
- Grateful that dear papa has been able to take part in the children's lives in ways that may not have been possible.
- To be able to choose the curriculum, books and learning styles which we feel would be a better fit and be able to change them if we needed to even if it was during a school year.
- To be able to give the children an opportunity to learn at their own pace.
- To share in the joy when we learn alongside each of the children as they mature into His family.
- Grateful that the children learn to forgive their parents and when our sins are revealed. We too can change for the better.
This was not meant to be a long post, just a few thoughts on our homeschooling journey. Yes homeschooling is a journey with many twists and turns. At times we felt we were going backwards, only to see that we were going in the right direction all along. I’ve had some moms say to me that they could never homeschool, as they didn’t have what it takes. There have been times when I felt that way too, but our Comforter has always been there for us regardless of the situation. He always gave what we needed to work through tough situations as he has promised. Every day has been a blessing in our home regardless how we look at it.
A final note. I wanted to thank my dear husband Johnny for allowing us to homeschool our children. The joys and growing pains that I have experienced could not have happened without you by my side. I love you so Johnny.
Hear, O Israel: YHWH/The LORD our Elohim-God is one YHWH/LORD: And thou shalt love the YHWH/LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. Devarim-Deutoronomy 6:4-7
This post was shared with:
Blessings ~ Carmen